Brothers & Sisters
Your bargaining committee has completed 3 days of bargaining. During the process, the employer tabled a document outlining what a new agreement looks like for them;
• They still want – annual cash bonus with no wage increases
• They still want – to discontinue annual bonuses for all our pensioners and their surviving spouses
• They still want – Upon ratification, implement a “Defined Contribution” Pension Plan for new members
• They still want – mandatory overtime
• They now want – no increase to our current Defined Benefit Pension Plan
The union has proposals on each of these issues, we are focused on a new collective agreement without concessions.
We had three days scheduled for next week and the Union has had to reschedule these days. We have further days scheduled in December and we are working towards bringing back to you a tentative agreement. Everyone must remember, bargaining is not a race, we have had many meetings and we will continue to meet as long as we are making progress.
To date we have achieved many positive changes in the language and we have to invest the time on the money side of these discussions.
We are scheduling meetings with each Local Union’s CAT – Team, to provide them with as much detail as we can.
Remember Solidarity Works!
“We are Stronger Together”
USW 5890 / 6673
Note: Due to the union’s lead negotiator being called away to other union business next week. Bargaining for November 17th, 18th & 19th has been cancelled. More bargaining date for December 2nd, 3rd & 4th have been scheduled.